Dragon Zone Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dragon Zone Forums

5 posters

Hatchlings of War

Wolfhowl
    Wolfhowl

Dragon Gold : 22371

Hatchlings of War - Page 4 Empty Re: Hatchlings of War

Post  Wolfhowl Thu May 17, 2012 11:18 am

Aves glowered at the guard. This place really was a prison! She had to do something! She curled up on the floor, pretending to be asleep while observing her surroundings. Maybe there was a secret passage! She carefully studied every single detail, searching desperately for some unnatural trace . . .

There! Right next to the guard! An unnatural grip that was made to pull something open! Aves felt like jumping for joy, but she held her place. There were problems, too. How could Aves and her two friends get past the guard?

Wait a second. Friends? Friends? How could she even think of that word? Aves suddenly hated it now. She had thought the Blood Wraiths were her friends. But she had been wrong. They had tortured a supposedly innocent Fairy Dragon, killed one of their own, and taken her from her family, whoever they were!

Anger clouded Aves's vision, but then she remembered that the other two hatchlings had done nothing wrong. They had been taken from their families, too. Okay, she could just call them companions for now. "Friends" would come later.

She turned to face the other two hatchlings, and whispered in a hushed voice, "I know where we can escape, do you want to come along?"
    Tiffashy
    Tiffashy

Dragon Gold : 25952

Post  Tiffashy Thu May 17, 2012 1:45 pm

Aplala nodded but still had the confused look on his face. "Yeah, I want to get out of here. It doesn't feel like home at all. Do you know how to get out of- Oh yeaaaah..." he noticed the unnatural grip near the guard. He lowered his voice. "How are we going to get out when the guards are always watching us? Perhaps someone could be an detraction or something should get their attention off us. For unknown reasons, there must be an explainable reason on why Zepar captured us and we are in his castle. He doesn't want us dead though, nor escape. I want to find out why we are here and why he wants us." He paused to think for an while, peering behind him to see if anyone was eavesdropping before turning back to the two silver hatchlings. "We got bigger problems, we don't even know where to go to where to go and where to food. None of us are strong enough to hunt yet. Perhaps we should go and seek aid from the imprisoned Guardian, she can help us. But it's an big risk that I don't want to take right now, we'll rest and plan more tomorrow." With that, he padded off outside of the room, no guards stopped the hatchling but watched him before loosing interest. It didn't take too long for him to reach the room where he was mean't to be sleeping in. He settled down and drafted off to sleep, with his small mind thinking of ways to get out of here.

~

The fairy dragon glared at Scath with anger. "I know that you are lying. You want to be Zepar's pretty little servant for your whole life and try to get information out of me so you can just impress him slightly and he'll kill you afterwards." She wasn't lying though, if Zepar did get his information, he'll kill anyone else whom knows the location just in case if they betrayed him.
    Wolfhowl
    Wolfhowl

Post  Wolfhowl Thu May 17, 2012 11:31 pm

Aves stared after Aplala and decided after a moment's hesitation to follow. She could be right. When Aplala curled up to sleep, Aves quickly looked around for that Blood Wraith hatchling. she had noticed he had disappeared before, but she hadn't mentioned it. Well, he wasn't here.

Aves silently sifted through the questions in her head that still had to be answered. There were so many. She sighed and curled up to sleep.
    Wolven
    Wolven

Dragon Gold : 26241

Post  Wolven Fri May 18, 2012 2:50 am

(There is another blood wraith hatchling? *Hasn't paid much attention to sign ups*)
    Scath glared at the fairy dragon. And how would you know, gaurdian? She spat out the words. You, all chained up, are in no posision to insult Master Zepar. Scath stood up at her full height, almost as tall as an adult. She looked at the fairy with her blood-red eyes. If you really want me to try getting information out of you... Well, lets say I can probably put you through a lot of pain. To prove what she meant, Scath sent a plume of fire into the air.
    Wolfhowl
    Wolfhowl

Post  Wolfhowl Fri May 18, 2012 10:06 am

(I meant you . . .)
    Tiffashy
    Tiffashy

Post  Tiffashy Fri May 18, 2012 6:28 pm

((Scath isn't an hatchling. She is an grown up Bloodwraith that works for Zepar o3o))

"Try your best," the Fairy hissed at Scath as she watched the flames dance around in the air before disappearing. "You know that I'm right and he will kill both of us if I told you anything. That dragon only wants precious information to himself, not to lesser Bloodwraiths. You have an change to make things up for yourself. You could either hurt me and get your information or go and help the hatchlings get out of here before it's too late."
    Wolven
    Wolven

Post  Wolven Sat May 19, 2012 2:47 am

And then, let me ask, where would we go? I have lived here all my life. I have be taught hunting and fighting. I have never set foot outside. You tell me what I should do. You tell me where I should go. And then, tell me, how would we get past the gaurds? Scath glared at the fairy dragon. If it's as easy as you make it sound, why haven't you escaped yet? We are Zepar's project. He doesn't let his gaurd down on us. Not even for a second.

(Scath is a S2 hatchling, just entering adulthood, she's also a girl XD)
    Tiffashy
    Tiffashy

Post  Tiffashy Sat May 19, 2012 3:06 am

"I'm chained here to the spot. You aren't," she pointed out as she lifted an claw weakly. The chains held her paw back firmly so she dropped it back onto the metal table. "You can either get out and escape to the woods or get you and the hatchlings back to the Guardians. They won't be mistreated there nor be forced to fight for them. They would be able to help you escape if you help them. I'll give you an hint but not the true location. Follow the river and over the mountains. Wait at the waterfall and don't expect it to be too welcoming. Guardians have that place very well watched and will kill you or anyone else who comes that isn't along with another Guardian or in fact, an hatchling that Zepar stolen." The Fairy dragon rested her head on the hard table like as if she had enough of lifting it up all of the time to see Scath's face.
    Wolven
    Wolven

Post  Wolven Sat May 19, 2012 3:29 am

Scath closed her eyes. She might have liked Zepar, but imprisoning this Fairy dragon? That wasn't right. She walked towards the chain holding it's right paw, and began chewing through the metal.
    Tiffashy
    Tiffashy

Post  Tiffashy Sat May 19, 2012 3:49 am

The fairy dragon looked back up in surprise as she watched Scath chew though the metal at strong strength. As soon as she heard the metal chatter against the ground, she knew that she was free. Lifting herself up slowly, she can hear her bones cracking from not moving them for such an long time and her wounds from her latest torturing burned in pain, she did an impressive job on ignoring them. She looked down to Scath, "Thank you. Surely you'll get out of here, won't you? Zepar will never forgive this."

"Oi! The prisoner is escaping!" yelled out an guard Bloodwraith whom was just passing by was standing by the door, covered in amour. The Fairy dragon snarled as she lunged at the guard, slamming him head first into the wall at surprisenly strong speed, knocking him out cold as she landed in an crouch.

"The name is Melinda," she told Scath as she stood up slowly, peering up the corridors as she was inspecting that someone was going to come down soon. There were deep scars running down her back all the way down to the tail and there were along lots of burn marks on her arms and legs as she stood out in the light of the fire in the room.
    Wolven
    Wolven

Post  Wolven Sat May 19, 2012 4:05 am

Scath. Scath replied simply. Would you mind waiting for a few minutes? It's just... She pointed her muzzle towards the room with the other hatchlings sleeping soundly in. There are, as you would expect, some others I need to take... Scath turned and ran down the corridor, claws skittereing.
    Wolfhowl
    Wolfhowl

Post  Wolfhowl Sat May 19, 2012 9:39 am

Aves awoke to fight and fire, and was in so much shock that she screamed. A Blood Wraith was bounding toward her, claws skittering. It took a moment to get her thoughts into place when she realized that this was their chance. They had to escape.

"Come on!" She hissed to her sleeping companions. "We have to escape now!!!"
    Tiffashy
    Tiffashy

Post  Tiffashy Sat May 19, 2012 10:16 am

Aplala looked up, looking slightly tired from not getting his full rest. After working what was going on, he jumped to his paws. He was half excited and half nervous on what was going on. At least, they will be free from this horrible place. Away from Zepar and his annoying Bloodwraiths.
    Silverlight138
    Silverlight138

Dragon Gold : 23164

Post  Silverlight138 Sat May 19, 2012 6:27 pm

Eldvestia's tail flicked nervously on the floor as she analyzed the situation. Her senses were alert, her posture rigid, and her body quivering with anticipation. It was apparent that they were going to attempt an escape from this horrid prison, but something nagged at Eldvestia, making her feel sick in the stomach - and confused. 

She looked at the fairy dragon, a once beautiful creature reduced to nothing but skin and bones. She looked at Aplala, the arokai hatchling whom she had barely spent time with, but was becoming fond of in the little time they spent together. Her gaze averted to Scath, the hot-tempered and aloof blood wraith dragon, but under that icy exterior, she was something else. And little Aves, her clumsy, adorable ways. Eldvestia felt the need - the instinct, to protect them. Them, who were the only dragons Eldvestia had ever befriended in these unlikely circumstances. She knew what she needed to do. 

Eldvestia stood up and held everyone's eyes. "I-I'm staying," she whispered.
    Wolven
    Wolven

Post  Wolven Sat May 19, 2012 7:55 pm

Scath looked at the hatchlings. Then to Eldvestia. If you stay, Zepar will get you. Come on! Now is our chance! Do you want to live a life of darkness? Do you want to see sunlight? Or do you want to stay here? In the dark rooms of this... place? You will be forced to kill dragons! Come on, we must leave! I have been here for my whole life. If you won't take if from me, you won't get anything more truthful. She looked at the other hatchlings. Follow the fairy dragon, she knows where to go.
    Tiffashy
    Tiffashy

Post  Tiffashy Sat May 19, 2012 8:01 pm

Aplala's eyes widen in surprise and fear as he faced the silver hatchling with an upset look. "No, come with us Eldvestia," he begged at her. He wasn't going to loose his friend now, she was almost like an sister to him. Well they all hatched at the same time if that counts.
    "It's time to go, we can't waste any more time here. It won't be long till Zepar's guards will find us," Melinda told them as she peered behind her, double checking if anyone was eavesdropping or watching them. Then the fairy dragon looked up to Scath. "Are you coming along with us, Scath?"
    Wolven
    Wolven

Post  Wolven Sat May 19, 2012 8:08 pm

Yes. Scath said immediatly. I've wasted my whole life in this... prison. This is my chance to escape. She looked at the hatchlings. Any of you want to be carried? We need to go as fast as we can. Flying would probably be best.
    Tiffashy
    Tiffashy

Post  Tiffashy Sat May 19, 2012 8:19 pm

Melinda the Fairy dragon nodded. She scooped up Aves and Aplala, only leaving Eldvestia as she gone into an full sprint down the corridors, expecting Scath to run after her. Aplala tugged against her grip hard, but failed to get out of her strong claws. He only wanted to run back to Eldvestia and try and convict her into coming with them but instead he was still be carried away to an place that he half wanted to go. Nothing was worth more then Eldvestia to him.
    "Stop!" he yelled out to Melinda. The fairy dragon was going to speak to him but they heard cries of guards chasing after them, swarming over the silver hatchling that was left behind and gone into an run after the run away Fairy dragon and the nearly full grown rebel Bloodwraith. "We need to get Eldvestia-" he tried to tell her but being shook up and down was making him very sick and sharp turns around the hallways weren't helping at all. It didn't take long for an blinding flash of light to blind him for an second, they were all outside and the Fairy dragon took flight without an warning while still holding Aplala and Aves, soaring above the trees at fast speed that he wouldn't expect the Tainted Blood to catch up.
    Now he just realized it was far too late to save Eldvestia.
    Wolven
    Wolven

Post  Wolven Sat May 19, 2012 8:33 pm

Scath scampered after Melinda. She only stopped for a few seconds when they came outside. She spread her wings and took off. For the first time in her life, Scath could feel the sun. She could hear the wind. This word, this green and blue world.
    Wolfhowl
    Wolfhowl

Post  Wolfhowl Sat May 19, 2012 11:37 pm

Aves gasped with surprise when she felt the warmth of the sun on her back. Never had she felt such warmth! It cheered her up quite a bit, but the presence of Aplala's grievous form could bring anyone's spirits down. After all, it had been horrid enough for only a day in that dark place: how would Eldvestia survive any longer. A cold truth struck Aves hard, and she shivered violently. She might never see Eldvestia again. And even if she did get to see again, Eldvestia might have been turned into a cold-blooded killer. "Oh, why, Eldvestia? Why?" Aves whispered. She allowed herself a few moments of strong grief before turning her attention to the rest of her party.

Aves thought it odd that the slightly-smaller-than-adult Blood Wraith was coming along. What gain would it have in leaving its master, the only thing it seemed to truly care about? Maybe there was more inside. And now, the Fairy Dragon. How long will it survive this journey under its current condition. Well, at least it was still alive. "Who are you?" Aves asked the Fairy Dragon. "How did the Blood Wraiths get you?"
    Tiffashy
    Tiffashy

Post  Tiffashy Sun May 20, 2012 12:45 am

The fairy dragon gave strong strokes of her wings as she flew on, gaining height almost each second. Aplala can hear her heart hammering against her chest noisily, he wasn't so sure if the other hatchlings can hear her heart beats.
    "I'm Melinda," the fairy dragon told her as she gone into an smooth glide. She peered over her shoulder to try and spot any followers. She seemed to out fly the Bloodwraiths but she didn't relax her guard just in case. The sunlight bathed her purple scaly face. Facing Aves again, she spoke, "I was an spy for the Guardians. Me and 5 of my men were trying to gather information off Zepar's followers and find the weak holes in their defences. One time we were in Zepar's throne room -that place where he executes traitors and puts their skulls around his throne- we were watching on their battle plans against us. In till one of my men made their biggest mistakes, he accidently made an single noise that betrayed us all. Zepar whipped around and whooosh! I found myself lying on the floor, nearly unconscious. We found out that the blue Bloodwraith had magic and made all of my friends fall asleep. Instead of sparing them or giving them an change, he walked up to my best friend and torn off his head and killed the others." She hissed lowly at the memory in anger. "When he came over to me, he just glared down and told his guards to take me off to his dungeons. I know nothing about you guys apart from you and Eldvestia's guardian was Istaria. I don't know what happened to her but she failed to look after you guys." She looked behind her to see Scath trying to catch up with her not so large wings like Melinda.

Aplala still felt awful from the insides. He did feel sorry for the Fairy dragon and even for himself for leaving one of his best friend's behind. If anyone torn off Eldvestia or Aves's head- no, he couldn't even bare the thought. He pushed it away and tried to get his attention back onto the sea of trees below him. He just noticed that Melinda was following after the river. Heading towards the mountains in the distance.
    Wolven
    Wolven

Post  Wolven Sun May 20, 2012 12:50 am

Scath pushed on, the small rips in her wings not helping her flight at all. She cursed and continued flapping. She gazed around. How had she never seen this place? It was so big! So beautiful! She could see minature herds of creatures roaming the forests and plains. Such an amazing place... She thought
    Tiffashy
    Tiffashy

Post  Tiffashy Sun May 20, 2012 3:53 pm

There was an outraged roar echoing under the dungeon that made everyone froze. Two guards approached before there was an blue Bloodwraith dragon following after them. Zepar glared down the last remaining hatchling that was left behind from the Fairy's latest escape and kidnapping.
    "You!" his voice boomed as he gone over to Eldvestia. His guards followed after him nervously and the rest of the Bloodwraiths backed away, almost afraid. "You known about this. What happened here? Why weren't you taken with them?" he questioned her icy as his tail lashed side to side angrily.
    ~
    "We're nearly there!" Melinda called out as she eyed the mountains, they were much closer to them now. Aplala wiggled in her grip excitedly. There wasn't anything he could see right now apart from the ocean of trees and the long blue river. For certain, he knew that something special laid for him was in the mountains.
    It didn't take too much longer for them to reach this flowing waterfall in the mountains. Melinda landed with ease as she placed Aves and Aplala down onto the patch of grass. There was this odd feeling that they were being watched, Aplala just couldn't help himself to scan the area for other dragons. 4 long eared approached from behind the rocks, eyeing Melinda then the Bloodwraith then Aves and Aplala. Surely these dragons must be Guardians.
    "Code word?" asked one of them.
    "Freedom or death," replied Melinda.
    "Very well. What is that Bloodwraith doing with you?" questioned another one as he eyed Scath. His muscles squeezed as if he was ready to attack or defend himself against her.
    "She saved us from being captives of Zepar," Melinda replied again. "We owe her a lot. Without Scath, I'll properly be dead and the hatchlings will be used against us when they are much older."
    Another long eared dragon grunted. "Hmp. Bring them in." They all turned around and jumped into the waterfall. Melinda followed after them, also jumping into the waterfall and they vanished when the water swallowed them.
    Aplala was kinda confused on what was going on, being curious, he followed after them, jumping into the waterfall and finding himself in an huge crater with dragons flying around in the distance. The crater was around 12 football fields at once and what impressed Aplala the most was the beauty of the city, it looked like some kind of jungle with an large number of dragon made dens in the crater with dragons soaring above it. He knew that he was home.
    Silverlight138
    Silverlight138

Dragon Gold : 23164

Post  Silverlight138 Sun May 20, 2012 4:32 pm

If Eldvestia was afraid, she didn't show it. She held Zepar's angry glare with an air of confidence, then said calmly, "They were foolish and weak to be blinded by the lies of the fairy dragon. I did not. I recognized your great power and superiority, and it will be my honor to serve you."

Groveling at his feet like some pathetic servant. What was this world coming to? Eldvestia hated being in that humiliating position. She wasn't one to act under some idiot's orders, but for the sake of her friends, she must. Zepar was going to hunt them down to the ends of the earth, that she was definite of, and when they were captured, his wrath would destroy them all. Eldvestia could not afford to let that happen. By being Zepar's most "loyal and trusted" servant, Zelastia might just be able to save her friends someday...
    Wolven
    Wolven

Post  Wolven Sun May 20, 2012 6:55 pm

Scath's eyes narrowed as the Long-eared talked about her. She flexed her wings, ready to attack if he did. He didn't so she settled down again. She followed the others through the waterfall, only hesitating for a second. As the icy water pulled her in, she could see what lay beyond. Her mouth opened slightly with wonder.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 6:19 pm