Dragon Zone Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dragon Zone Forums

5 posters

Hatchlings of War

Tiffashy
    Tiffashy

Dragon Gold : 25952

Hatchlings of War - Page 5 Empty Re: Hatchlings of War

Post  Tiffashy Sun May 20, 2012 10:03 pm

Zepar snarled lowly as he scanned the area around him, looking into the faces of his fellow Bloodwraiths. He wanted to know how the Guardian escaped from her prison and who helped her so he can kill them. Bloodthirsty for his payback. He recognized the faces of the tortures for the Guardian, but they weren't there with the Fairy that time, that only mean't that an passing by Guard did or that nearly grown up Bloodwraith whom he sent down to get information out of the Fairy did. "Scath..." he muttered. He twisted the word with hate. That foolish little hatchling must had freed the Fairy and gone with them to their secret little hiding place.

He snapped at his guards. "Find them, hunt them down, and bring them alive to me. I have an rather special threat for that little betrayer..." his lips curled into an smirk. Zepar looked down back to Eldvestia. "Now lets go and find out this little talent of yours, hmm? Come child," he gone out of the room with his two body guards following after him. He was expecting the silver hatchling to follow after him instantly.

~

There were waterfalls flowing out of the holes of the giant crater. The whole place was filled up with trees with dens sitting underneath them as houses. Small hatchlings played around outside with an few mothers watching them. On the sight of the Bloodwraith, the hatchlings paused in their tracks and glared at her. Melinda hissed in annoyance at them, scaring them off back to their mothers and made her way down to the biggest den in the centre of the crater. Aplala was liking this place already, there were laughter, no screaming or tortured slaves locked down in the dungeons nor he needed to be forced to follow the blue Bloodwraith everywhere. He noticed that the guards weren't with them any more, properly gone back to watching the waterfall for invaders. Above him was flying dragons in the sky and there was an clearing were this elderly dragon was teaching smaller ones something or perhaps telling an story.

About the time when they reached the middle, it wasn't an den like the other ones he had saw, but an castle that had white stones instead of dark, ugly and ruined ones like in Zepar's dungeons. It was the most beautifulest and carefully crafted building he had ever seen in his whole life.

There was some guards stalking after them though, keeping an eye on Scath though just in case she done anything 'funny'. It seems like the Guardians don't trust her yet. There was an golden dragon sitting on an marble throne with lady dragons lying besides him, for sure, Aplala knew that this was the leader. All dressed in the most weathlyest and shiny jewels or just plain good looking amour. He guessed that the golden dragon ruled this whole place while his females ruled besides him.

The golden dragon cracked an smile at them. "Welcome."
    Wolfhowl
    Wolfhowl

Dragon Gold : 22371

Post  Wolfhowl Mon May 21, 2012 1:49 am

Aves opened her jaws wide in awe as she gazed upon the golden dragon. He was simply gorgeous! But then she turned to the dozen or so lady dragons and she grimaced. She certainly didn't want to end like that! Did this place have any respect for females?

Don't be stupid, Aves. The dungeons were much worse. She chided herself, and with that thought, she waved a hello. "Hi!"
    Silverlight138
    Silverlight138

Dragon Gold : 23164

Post  Silverlight138 Mon May 21, 2012 2:17 am

Eldvestia exhaled a deep sigh of relief as quietly as possible. Well, that went rather well, and she was relatively pleased with herself. She had half expected Zepar to start glowing like a supernova and blow her to bits. Letting her muscles loosen up a bit, she shook herself and padded quietly behind Zepar. Zepar wanted to see what she was capable of, but Eldvestia herself didn't know either. She had to find out - and fast. Things might get awry if she happened to be of no use to Zepar at all...
    Tiffashy
    Tiffashy

Post  Tiffashy Mon May 21, 2012 7:06 pm

((Right, going on holiday very very VERY soon so DON'T expect me to post much D:))

The golden dragon cracked an small at the silver hatchling. He looked back to Melinda, "Who are these? How did you escape?"
    "It was all thanks for Scath, she freed us," the fairy dragon told him as she pat the Bloodwraith on the head.
    "That explains, and the other hatchlings?"
    "They are the Ones," she replied as she nudged Aplala and Aves forward slightly.
    "I can sense their magic," hissed one of the female dragons, she looked very pretty, but not as half handsome as the golden dragon.
    "I forgot to mention that these lovely females here are the leaders of the Guardian. Vanessa is the leader for magic, she knows all spells so if you want to know more about your magic, you ask her," the golden dragon pointed out to the Snow Lindwurm dressed in emeralds and gold. Then he told the hatchlings about the others which were leaders of the army, or leader or some other random thing that Aplala didn't really care about. He noticed that none others were males, properly females proven to be stronger leaders then males or perhaps the golden dragon only allowed them to rule by his side. He also discovered his name was Nagendra.
    After explaining what kind of jobs the leaders did, he told them, "Now, you have choices. You can either train along with our finest warriors and help us with the war and live in the castle or barracks. Or you can go and live with another dragon and live as an normal hatchling," Nagendra told them as his eyes were locked into Aplala first. Seeing what kind of choice he wanted.
    It was hard for him. He can either live like one of those hatchlings playing in the streets with his friends and live like an normal dragon or he can become an elite warrior born to server his king. He needed to still resuce his friend stuck in Zepar's dungeon so he choose the first one...
    "I'm born to server you," Aplala says proudly as he stood up, lifting his chin high. He looked over to Aves, wondering what kind of choice she wanted to make.
    "Scath, you can also decide which one you want. You can go and live with the others and be treated like one of us or you can join my army."

~

"Now," Zepar hissed as he stopped in front of an chained up slave. "Do whatever you want to him, Eldvestia," he smirked as he stepped back to allow the silver dragon to do her job. The slave looked fearfully at him then Eldvestia, moving back into his corner as if he was expecting her to whip him or something.
    Wolven
    Wolven

Dragon Gold : 26241

Post  Wolven Tue May 22, 2012 1:57 am

Scath tilted her head, examining the Gold dragon. This was a desision she wasn't sure about. Sure, she was a good fighter, but would she be good enough? But then, if she lived life as a normal dragon, would she be treated that way? She was a Blood Wraith. Not many liked her kind. She thought. Live life as a soilder, being commanded by other dragons and maybe not being as good, or live like another dragon. Being bullied and pushed around. Scath was unsure. She could live on her own...? She sighed.
    Wolfhowl
    Wolfhowl

Post  Wolfhowl Tue May 22, 2012 9:01 am

Aves wanted to smack herself. She had thought the females were his mates! Again, she wanted to smack herself, but she had some thinking to do. What would she do? Where would she go? Maybe she could serve this golden dragon . . . "I think I shall follow Aplala and become a warrior. I would be honored." She looked at the golden dragon expectantly.
    Tiffashy
    Tiffashy

Post  Tiffashy Wed May 30, 2012 10:05 pm

Zepar was growing inpatient. The hatchling hadn't at least attempted to claw the prisoner nor do much yet. She was beginning to bore him slightly. "Hurry up," he says finally as he glared at Eldvestia. His mind was building up with ideas on how to punish her if she failed to impress him or tried to use her magic on the slave.

~

"Good," the golden dragon smiled as he raised from his throne. The lady dragons also studied the looks of the hatchling's with interest but lazily lifted their heads from their spots. "Now you may live in the castle -unless you want barracks- now to you Melinda, had you completed your mission to find out about Zepar?"
    "I thought you would had already known this, my lord," the fairy dragon replied respectfully. "He wants to use the hatchlings against you. I have more bad news as well, there is another hatchling at his dungeon. She was the only one left behind. Zepar is trying to seek out"
    Nagendra's face looked slightly surprised and clearly not impressed. Melinda carried on.
    "We discovered he has magic, just like the newborns."
    "Impossible. But then again, it might be true. We'll talk more about this later on. Aqua?"
    Another female Arokai dragon lifted her head towards Nagendra as she responded to her name. "Lead Aplala, Aves and Scath to their new rooms. Then ask one of the hunters to collect food for them."
    Aqua nodded before taking the 3 hatchlings along with her towards their new room.

Once reaching it, Aplala's mouth dropped as he saw the such clean, neat room. Almost it shined an bit on the edge of their new beds. He noticed that there were other hatchlings in the same room. They gave the 'meh' look at him and Aves but when seeing Scath, the biggest one whom was an green dragon snarled at her. It seemed like the others had joined him. Aplala's felt himself go hot and he growled back at him, they just laughed at his newborn growl.
    Wolven
    Wolven

Post  Wolven Thu May 31, 2012 3:04 am

Scath rolled her eyes as the gold spoke. She followed as the aro'kai led them to thier room. When she entered, her eyebrows rose in mild suprise, but she was used to these buildings. She turned away from them and looked at the dragons assembled. She glared at the green dragon, which had just rose, and glared at him with dislike. In return, he growled. She pulled herself to her full size, a few inches taller, as the small aro'kai hatchling growled back. She felt a small fire of fondness burn for him, then advanced on the Green. She bared her teeth as a warning, and flexed her wings, preparing for the chance of a fight.
    Tiffashy
    Tiffashy

Post  Tiffashy Thu May 31, 2012 8:00 pm

"Who's this?" the green dragon demanded at Aplala. He knew that he mean't that he was talking to him and Scath, but he didn't really see Aves much of an threat yet.
    "Properly an new servant, Andor," grinned an long eared hatchling behind him.
    "She is not an servant!" Aplala says defensively. "Scath is worth twice more then any of you."
    ""Excuse me? Andor says as his face gone red with anger. He stood in front of the hatchling. Showing off how much bigger he actually was then the hatchling, making Aplala look helpless. Now Aplala can work out very quickly that this was one of those kind that think that they are more important then everyone and no one wants to mess with him. An bully. "What's all of ya names?"
    "Aplala, that's Scath and that's Aves," Aplala replied coldly. He didn't ask back for the rude green dragon's name.
    "Pfft," Andor rolled his eyes. "Not going to waste my time on you and...her. Only Aves can hang around us since she isn't so rude and an rare breed." His own small bully pack nodded. Aplala could tell that Andor at least had 5 other hatchlings as his friends, all properly warriors whom had much more training then him and Aves, although Scath may be able to take on most of them, depending how strong they are. "Come on Aves, hang around us. We'll be in the feeding area. Don't come if you are one of those...Losers." With that, the green dragon and his friends snickered as they gone out of the large room.

That wasn't such an good day for him. Already these idiots had picked on his friend.
    "Don't listen to them, Scath and Aves," Aplala says as he sat down onto his bed, feeling how comfortable they are. Surprisingly, the beds aren't too bad after all. But sharing them with those other hatchlings isn't going to be much fun. He wondered if he could talk to the gold dragon about the bullies. His rage was cooling off slowly. He could had sworn that he was going to loose it if Andor said another little insult.
    Wolven
    Wolven

Post  Wolven Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:35 am

As the green dragon left the room, Scath reared up and blew a puff of flame after him. She then dived after it, curling between his friends and unleashing her fury and anger on the green. Slave you say? Losers you say? Common you say? You try spending your life with Zepar. If your so strong, go and face him off. Go and hunt him. I've lived with him. I know what he does. Scath snarled and continued her biting, burning and scratching.
    Tiffashy
    Tiffashy

Post  Tiffashy Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:42 pm

"AUGH! Get her off me!" the green dragon shrieked at his friends. They stood there with puzzlement before working out how to try and save Andor from the wraith of Scath. They pounced at the Bloodwraith, trying to pull her away from Andor. Behind them was Aplala cheering and laughing for Scath and saying something like 'Finish him off, Scath!' or 'rip his eyeballs out!'

But sadly the battle ended when an house keeper was coming past and saw the fight. She barked at them all, pulling Scath whom covered in smaller dragons and Andor apart before yelling at both of them. She shooed Andor -whom covered in bloody scratch and scorch marks- and his friends out of the door. Before she left, she shot an death glare at Aplala for shouting out those taunts at the green dragon and encouraging Scath to kill him or something before she also left the room.

Aplala waited for an while in till he was certain that the house keeper and Andor was gone. He faced the Bloodwraith dragon with an huge grin. "Scath! That was amazing! You got to teach me how to do that," he says excitedly, ignoring the growling stomach which is threatening to eat him on the inside out in till it gets it's food.
    Wolven
    Wolven

Post  Wolven Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:05 am

Scath stood there, shaking. She was glaring at the spot where she last saw the housekeeper. Damn adults... She muttered as she walked calmly over to a free bed. She lay down on it and streatched out. She folded her wings around her and closed her eyes, trying to sleep.

(Scath is using bad language :O)
    Wolfhowl
    Wolfhowl

Post  Wolfhowl Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:55 am

Aves glared as the other dragons disappeared. She was friends with nobody! Aves probably would have attacked them herself if Scath hadn't first. Aves couldn't help but admire her fighting skills. She certainly didn't her as an enemy. "So, what do we do now?" She wondered aloud.

Last edited by Wolfhowl on Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:03 am; edited 1 time in total
    Wolven
    Wolven

Post  Wolven Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:18 am

(Scath is a girl XD)
    Wolfhowl
    Wolfhowl

Post  Wolfhowl Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:02 am

(Okay, okay . . .I'll edit my post. *facepalm*)
    Tiffashy
    Tiffashy

Post  Tiffashy Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:28 am

"Imma go down and eat, I'm starving!" Aplala told them. He could see Scath trying to get her beauty sleep, he bet that the Bloodwraith was also hungry as well. But poking her and telling her to go down and eat with him doesn't seem like an good idea. "Lets head down, hey?"

(Magical time skip <3 Don't forget that I'm not the one whom controlling everything, you guys can make yourselves your own extra characters and control others such as the gold dragon or Andor. Just make something crazy happen like an incoming attack or get into an fight with someone >D)

He was standing in the training area. Most around him was adults attacking an wooden dummy like he seen in Zepar's dungeons. An tall female silver dragon stood right in front of him. She was covered in an huge amount of amour and clearly looked ready for battle. She barked,
    "Alright newborn. Serving the king is an serious thing, not that kind that you make mistakes on and you will be paying dearly for you life for that. I'm Warlord Siffa and you address me 'ma'am.'"
    "Yes ma'am," Aplala said.
    "Good, you're learning fast. Now attack the dummy boy," she stepped back, revealing an small dummy designed for hatchlings. Aplala frowned an little as he studyed it. It was covered in small marks and very weak looking. He could see some adults watching him, feeling this urgent to show off all he got, he tackled at the dummy, clawing at it violently and spraying lighting sparks at it's face as he kept on attacking it. "Good boy. Now what you need to do is this..."
    Wolfhowl
    Wolfhowl

Post  Wolfhowl Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:49 am

Aves watched from the sidelines curiously. She didn't feel like fighting stuffed sacks in the shape of other dragons. She wanted a real fight. All the adult were telling her to be patient, but Aves didn't have patience. She still felt anger, anger at the Blood Wraiths for deceiving her, anger at those hatchlings for thinking she was their friend, anger at the adults for not listening to her, and anger at Eldvestia for not escaping. A pang of sadness rippled through Aves's little heart as she thought of Eldvestia. Though she didn't want to admit it, she missed her.

"Aves! I've been looking everywhere for you!!!" A hatchling-like voice squeaks.

Aves turns, thinking it might be one of those hatchlings that had called her friend, when her eyes widened, and she screeched, "Get away from me, Stalluk!"

Aves turned and ran across the training room as if her life depended on it. Stalluk was foretold to be the most annoying hatchling that ever set foot on the earth, and when Aves had met her at lunch, she could see why. She always wanted to be everyone's friend (which Aves would never be to her), and once Stalluk wants to be someone's friend, she never leaves them alone. And she found Aves to be a possible friend (yeah right) and then Aves's nightmare began.

"Wait for me, Aves," Stalluk says in a singsongy voice as she daintily bounds after Aves.

"Never!" Aves grabs a small dumby and throws it in Stalluk's direction. "Help me get away from this freak!"

"Missed!" Stalluk continues to sing. She starts to ballet-dance across the room to Aves which enrages Aves suddenly. She hates daintiness. But then, Stalluk really did something that freaked Aves out. She said, "We are best friends forever!" And then, she hugged Aves tight.

"Die, Stalluk!" Poor Aves never knew affection, and the hug unnerved her. She rammed her teeth against Stalluk's cheek, and drove her claws at her neck. The two hatchling fell on the floor in the middle of the training room in a mass of teeth and claws.
    Wolven
    Wolven

Post  Wolven Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:51 am

Scath wondered down the stairs to the training room, and stared at Aves and the hatchling she was fighting. A slight smile formed on her face, and she strolled down the last few steps on all fours. She watched the two fighting for a while, before wandering over to a corner to watch everyone. She thought again. The gold dragon, he haden't said anything about her not saying anything. She hadn't even replied to his question, but she was ushered down here. If they expected her to take orders from other dragons... They were mad. Never again... She muttered.
    Tiffashy
    Tiffashy

Post  Tiffashy Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:27 pm

The adults only seemed slightly impressed with Aplala's battling skills, while the others seemed completely bored or focusing onto something else. Now that bugged him. The Arokai hatchling wanted to be in the center of attention, not just catching 2 people's eyes. He attacked the dummy more violently, clawing it around the neck as the Warlord told him to. Only she and another was watching. It was very displeasing when she turned around, chatting to an male dragon whom seemed dressed up in way too much armor like she was. Then not too much longer, the other one looked away to get ready to duel another person.

Now he felt anger. How dare these people turn away when he was going to breath sparks at the dummy for the fifth time? Aplala snarled lowly as he padded away from the dummy, his shoulder was glowing with an bright blue glow powerfully. He noticed it looked like an lighting but he didn't care at all. He stormed over towards the middle of the area, where everyone could see him. But still no one was looking at the very mad hatchling as they carried on with whatever they were mean't to be doing.

Seeing an large log pile of dead trees standing in front of him, he screeched loudly, very adult sounding like. An loud deafening crashing noise of thunder boomed into his ears as an lighting strike hit the logs, setting them on fire. Now that captured every one's attention. Grinning, he turned around. His face was bathed in the flame's light as he was padding back to the castle with all eyes on him. He ignored, although he was temped to see if everyone else was still staring at him.

~

Zepar tapped his large, iron, hooked claws against the stone ground impatiently. He was standing in the room where there was an loud humming noise of magic fire surrounding him in an circle. The room was unlike the rest of the dungeon. There were ancient looking books on the selves and glowing blue demonic runes on the wall.

"Where is that orb...?" he questioned himself icy as he scanned the table. He'll just be lazy and summon that missing orb anyway. Muttering his spell, the orb appeared right in front of him just within an few seconds. Grinning, he held the orb up in one cold claw, studying it's beauty. "Now orb...The Dragon's Eye rather. Show me where that stupid little Bloodwraith whom betrayed us..." The Dragon's Eye only glowed red.
    Wolven
    Wolven

Post  Wolven Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:31 am

Scath felt some sort of... tingling sensation, as if someone was trying to watch her. She shook herself and continued to watch everything. She was becoming bored now. This place... everything was the same... she wanted to explore!
    Tiffashy
    Tiffashy

Post  Tiffashy Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:17 am

"Ha!" boomed Zepar as he finally got his results from the Dragon's Eye. It transformed into an grey cloud colour before it swept away like mist. Inside of the glass orb releaved an bored looking bloodwraith. It's background looked like cobblestone and colorful. Smirking, he told it to show him more of Scarh's surrounding. It obeyed him. Soon enough it looked like an 3D map inside of the orb, showing the location to the Guardian's hideout. Now that he knew that he found out what he wanted, he needed to earn it. Calling for his elite body guards, he told him, "Grab your assassins and spies. Follow my instructions to get there, and sneak your way around to find out where they sleep either in the barracks or castle and capture the silver, arokai and that traitor. Make sure that yourselves don't get caught as well, we cannot risk them knowing anything mire about us. Also while youre at those... Kill the king. If we get him destroyed, we can take over their base and defeat their leaderless army with ease. By the way... Tell Scath that I have something special for her..."

~

It was an relief to know that he was going back to his cozy bed. He had to leave the newborn one because he grown far too big for it. Aplala was becoming stronger everyday thanks to his exhausting training. The next thing he knew was that he was already asleep when he hit the bed designed for hatchlings his age.

Wolven
    Wolven

Post  Wolven Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:45 am

Scath pawed the ground angrily. She wanted to fight. She wanted to see blood! This place... it was no better then Zepar's castle. And even there you got to see blood once in a while. Her paws were itching for a fight, she couldn't stop twitching occasionally. She wanted to fight. She wanted to get out there and make a difference. But no. She had to stay in here, training and training and training all day.
    Silverlight138
    Silverlight138

Dragon Gold : 23164

Post  Silverlight138 Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:32 pm

((pretend the slave thing didn't happen XD))

Eldvestia gaped in horror as a formidable group of spies and assassins came rushing out under Zepar's command. They were adorned in lightweight but highly protective armor, specializing in supporting stealth and speed. Once assembled, they gathered in neat rows before Zepar. If she wanted to do something about this, it would be now.

"Zepar, my Lord. I don't think this is a right time to call upon an attack on the Guardians," Eldvestia felt strangely confident, and her voice had an unusual ring to it. "The other hatchlings have just arrived at the palace of the Guardians, and they would definitely be on the lookout for your assassins. With them prepared and ready, the element of surprise is not on our side."
    Tiffashy
    Tiffashy

Post  Tiffashy Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:26 am

Zepar just turned towards Eldvestia angrily. "How dare you question my actions, newborn," he hissed as his spiny tail lashed around on the stone floor. The spies and assassins watched him glare down to the silver hatchling in annoyance. Zepar was much taller then the others, including Eldvestia by more meters. Much more. "We must act now if we want to get your little friends back. Or else they will get strong enough to defend themselves off my men. While they are at it...I have something for you to make sure that you wouldn't betray us." He smiled an terrible toothy grin. A grin that promised harm and pain towards her. Then he set off without another word, leaving his second in command to bark orders at his assassins and explaining what their mission is and such. Zepar vanished behind the stone door as his other second in command followed him along with his armoured guards.

((I don't have much to do with Aplala now, since he is sleeping XD))
    Wolven
    Wolven

Post  Wolven Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:06 am

Scath's tail lashed out, she felt... strange... as it something was comming. Mist swirled around her feet, much more then normal. Flame twitched in the air around her muzzle. This place... It was so... boreing...

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 4:01 am